Suggest treatment for pain in gums
Shrunken retainer, active appliance, repeat.
Thanks for your query, I have gone through your query.
As far as the the pain is concerned after wearing the retainer, I have two possibilities.
It can be because of the shrinkage of the retainer since you have not used for two months, if the retainer has not been kept in water when you were not using.
The other possible cause is because of the retainer being more active.
Consult a orthodontist and get it evaluated. If it is active you can make it passive. If it is shrunken, then it has to be repeated.
The above said causes can result in abnormal forces over the teeth and cause pain in the gums and teeth.Meantime you can continue Advil for pain.
Do not stop using the retainer without any instruction by your orthodontist. You should always store the retainer in a bowl with normal water when you are not using the retainer.
I hope my answer will help you, take care.
If any queries are there, then reply me back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for paiful and swollen gums
- Painful swollen gums taken ibuprofen no relief treatment
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Treatment for painful swollen gums
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for tooth and gum pain
- Suggest treatment for bleeding gums
- Gum and nerve pain treatment
- Treatment for sore gums pain
- Suggest treatment for pain due to gum infection