Suggest treatment for pain in groin area, frequent urination and prostate enlargement

Posted on Tue, 30 Sep 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am confirmed of having prostate enlargement (symptoms and by Sonography, & physical checking by a doctor, urine retention after urination is also high)..
also had problems of urination for the last few months and medicine started on 14th Aug 14. After medicine started there was improvement and frequent urination got reduced especially night time frequency. (also detected with two stones of 9mm and 14 mm in left kidney)
Now I am having severe intermittent pain in the area between Naval and groin. If I press my lower stomach (in the region mentioned the pain is more). I feel uncomfortable in that area while standing or sitting...reduced while lying down...
Does it indicates prostate cancer.
KIndly guide
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PSA and clinical examination.

Detailed Answer:
Hello there,
Nice to meet you,I have gone through your report.
No it seems to be Benign prostatic hypertrophy from your history. In order to rule out Carcinoma prostate i advise you to do a Prostate specific antigen (PSA) test along with clinical examination.
Secondly, The pain seems to be from kidney stone.
In order to be precise, please answer my questions in follow up so that it is easy to get into a diagnosis.
Is there any dragging pain while urinating ?
Any associated fever or vomiting ?while experiencing pain.
Try to take tab.aceclofenac to relieve pain due to renal stones and do visit a surgeon for further management.
Hope helped you,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Surendiran Gaj

Geriatrics Specialist