Suggest treatment for pain in forearm caused by tendonitis

Posted on Mon, 15 Feb 2016 in Back Pain
Question: Play guitar, have pain in fretting hand, pain is in the thumb side of forearm, from waist to elbow. Do I add heat or cold to area, want do I do? Also joint toward the thumb f. Nail little swollen.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Tendonitis likely.

Detailed Answer:
The pain and swelling that you have is likely to be due to an inflammation of the tendon in the area. The best way to reduce inflammation is to take a mild anti inflammatory, do a regular hot compress, give rest to the arm and use a crepe bandage at the joint for proper support. It is best to avoid playing guitar for at least two weeks for the inflammation to heal.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon