Suggest treatment for pain in eyes while blinking
My current problem is pain in my eye socket that has now started hurting when I blink. It seems to also be traveling into my cheek and people at work commented yesterday that my face looks swollen.
I received a reply from an ophthalmologist (thank you) indicating possible irritated gland that may be treated with antibiotics and hot compresses which makes sense. At urgent care today they suggested I see a specialist (good idea) and possibly have a CT scan. My additional question is this: since I was a young girl I have had problems with an overactive faso-vagal nerve. As I've grown it is badly stimulated and I pass out whenever I have certain test procedures to my eye....even a glaucoma test. Out I go. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for treating an eye problem like this without having to go through tests that result in my involuntarily passing out??
Thanks for sending your query to us again.
There are two points which I want to emphasis one is use of lubricant eye drops 3-4 times a day and secondly what you have asked as a new query about overactive vagus nerve.
There are newer gadgets which do not have to touch you to get a reading like Tono puff, this gives us good results and Applanation tonometry touches you very very faintly and is supposed to be very accurate. Schiotz tonometry is slightly aggressive and should be avoided in your case.
Talk to your doctor and do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for eye pain
- Eyes are red and painful suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for fever with pain in forehead and eye
- Twitching in eyes suggest treatment
- Eye pain with swelling suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain around eye after an injury
- Suggest treatment for dry eyes
- Suggest treatment for fever with eye pain and headaches
- Suggest treatment for severe headaches and eye pain
- Suggest treatment for burning in eyes
- Plaquenil,vitreous detachment.Side effect?
- How is eye infection in diabetics treated ?
- Optic atrophy, uveitis. Curable?
- Does cannabis have any side effect causing retina tear ?
- Can driving, swimming, flight journey and involve in sex, 10 days after...
- What are the brown patches in my eye after being hit by a soccer ball?
- Green discharge from eye, red eye, unable to open eyelid. Causes ?
- How is hypermetropia in children treated ?
- Eye pain, taken artificial tears, wear CPAP mask, have type 2 diabetes,...
- Congenital cataract in both eyes, signs of squint. First squint surgery...