Suggest treatment for pain in esophagus area
EKG - Additional Medicines - Endoscopy
Thanks for you query.
To recapitulate:Male/69 - has Haiatal Hernia and GERD - taking Zantac 150 - pain in esophagus area - spreads across chest into both arms.
The symptoms you have are most probably due to pre-existing Hiatal Hernia and GERD.
Yet on the safe side, it is better to get an EKG Done as the spread of the pain to the arms is very rare occurrence.
I would advise the following in such a patient:
Continue Zantac 12 hourly.
Pepcid every 3 to 4 hours when on empty stomach.
Add Domperidone or such motility regulators.
Soft bland diet.
No aerated colas / soda/ drinks.
Early dinner. No late nights.
Treatment for anxiety (as prescribed / needs a prescription by your Doctor)
Lying in a reclining position
Walk around after dinner.
Think of the factors which increased the present problem, GERD, anxiety and try to avoid.
If no relief, get Upper GI endoscopy done and get prescription for added Medicines.
EKG for the heart n a safer side to rule out cardiac problems.
This helps all my patients and should help you hopefully.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for stomach pains
- Continuous stomach pain tests detected tumor in esophagus treatment
- Suggest treatment for barrett s esophagus other than surgery
- Suggest treatment for coccyx pain
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for ankle pain
- Suggest treatment for ear pain
- Suggest treatment for joint pain
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for pain in elbows