Suggest treatment for pain in cuticle of big toe

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am having intense shooting pain in the cuticle of my big toe. It's keeping me awake What to do?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
For how long has this been going on?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this pain and the difficulty getting sleep. Isolated pain in the big toe often raises the suspicion of a possible gout attack. However, it is difficult to confirm this without examination and when the leg is not visible swollen. I will suggest that you take a combination of Ibuprofen and Tylenol for good pain control at this time. This will address the pain and allow you gain some sleep. If the pain persists in the early hours of the morning, I will definitely recommend that you get evaluated by a doctor for proper examination and possible tests to pinpoint the cause and treat accordingly. Let me know what your immediate thoughts and responses to my subtle questions are.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.