Suggest treatment for pain in chest and high BP
Stress test, echo and reiterate you dose of medication
Hello, I am Dr. Priyank Mody and I be answering your concern.
As I start. something about you I would like to know, apart from hypertension want are your risk factors.
Are you diabetic, obese, do you smoke, is your cholesterol always on the higher side and you have a sedentary life. If some of the above risk factors are present. The pain you described should be evaluated further.
If a single test you want get a treadmill stress test, apart from that a 2d echo. If both are negative the possibility that your pain being cardiac is negligible, than in most probability it is muscular or stomach related gastritis.
However as you are 45 years and hypertensive you should get the above two test if possible
Now sir I think your anti hypertensive medication are not the best of combination, eg nebicard H contains hydrochlorthiazide which is same as ctd. Both are diuretic and should not be given togather.
So if you can send me the tablet, dose and what time you take them I can help you with it.
Restarting ctd as I said doesn't make sense. You may increase losartan component of amlovas L to control it
Treadmill stress test, and fine titration of meds will be good
The echo mentioned is perfectly normal, so best is to get a treadmill stress test where your heart is subjected to strain and than see how it's functioning.
In the previous question you had written amlovas L which has amlodipine and losartan combination, however here you have mentioned only amlovas. Do clarify on the same. Because your body is used to the anti hypertensive medication sudden change will send all reading go completely abnormal . Hence we may make subtle changes to control it at present.
Take nebicard h in morning and consider telmisartan 40mg + amlodipine 5mg combination at night eg tab telma Am . So two tablets per day for the blood pressure.
Do send you blood pressure taken of different day at different times after 5 days and we may review the meds. Regards
Some lifestyle changes and the medication as mentioned
Sir I would suggest you to Cut on salt less than 3 gms a day. It means only salt necessary for cooking, no preserved food, pickles, papad, chips which contains more salt.
Exercise if you can for 30-45 mins a day for aerobic exercise like brisk walking, swimming, cycling.
In terms of medication I will suggest
Tab nebicard H (5+12.5) in morning
Tab olmesar AM (40+5)at night.
If you continue amlovas L than atleast dose is (5+50) at night
Plz keep on taking blood pressure at different times of randomly after 3days also that much time the medication will take time to act. Also any other standard brand of the medication can be taken.
Do update me the blood pressure reading
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest natural treatment for high bp
- Treatment and cure for high bp
- High bp treatment
- Suggest treatment for high bp accompanied by headaches
- What is the treatment for high bp
- Suggest treatment for high bp
- Minor chest pains and high bp
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for high bp with stomach infection
- High bp elevated lipid levels chest pain causes and treatment
- Suggest treatment for cough when on high bp medication
- Suggest remedy for atrial fibrillation and flutters after suffering from...
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- What causes stabbing pain in chest radiating to back in a BP patient?
- Are BNP and pro-BNP values indicative of heart failure?
- Suggest treatment for vascular dehydration
- Is taking an overdose of Vyvanse fatal?
- What causes discomfort in chest, periods of breathlessness and anxiety?
- Suggest treatment for persistent premature ventricular contractions
- Suggest treatment for moderate LVSD
- What does my ECG test report indicate?