• question-icon

Suggest treatment for pain in between thumb and index finger

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Experiencing pain in my left hand between thumb and index finger on back of the hand and base of thumb. I have tried icy hot balm nothing alleviates pain. Please recommend treatment. Diagnosis????
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It seems to be tendinitis.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through the image attached. From description it seems to be tendinitis (inflammation of tendons).
For this give rest to the part. Avoid wringing movement. Do icing. Take antiinflammatory drug like ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation. Apply crepe bandage.

Hope this helps you.
Warm regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement