Suggest treatment for pain in arms with tingling sensation in fingers

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Why does my right arm hurt near my forarm? Sometimes i get tingles in my fingers on my right side. What is casing this?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be tendonitis or tennis elbow.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the forearm and mild tingling can be due to tendon inflammation or epicondylitis or tennis elbow.
You can help the improvement by-
1. Give adequate rest to the arm.
2. Apply cold therapy.
3. Get some anti-inflammatory medication prescribed from your orthopedician.
4. Immobilize the arm for a short period.
5. Neural stretching exercises are helpful under the care of a physiotherapist.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 24 minutes later
Can it by Ms? Or am i too young? Sometimes the pain goes to the shoulder
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MS not likely.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
MS is too unlikely. Tendonitis causing a minor nerve compression is more likely.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.