Suggest treatment for pain in abdominal and pelvic area of a person with ovarian cyst

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hi in October of last year I was diagnosed with a ovarian cyst on my right ovary. For the week and half to two weeks now I have been having the same pain (right lower abdomen pain, pelvic pain, leg pain, nausea, and lower right back pain) this time add my left lower abdomen, little bit of rib pain on both sides, and all of my lower back. I have already called my primary care physician she said she really can't do anything and for me to continue taking pain meds and if it continues or gets worse to go to the er. My primary question is advice on when I should go to the er? when enough is enough?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ovarian cyst if present to be removed

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about pain.

Ovarian cyst ( especially endometriosis type) are known to cause such pain. They have to be removed surgically.
Please go to ER and request for ultrasound scan.

If there is persisting endometrotic cyst, it is better get it removed laparoscopically which will help you to reduce the pain.
Dr. Soumya

OBGYN