Suggest treatment for pain in abdomen with nausea

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question

I have an aching pain in the right side of my abdomen, which radiates around to my lower back.

I have been burping a lot and also passing a little bit if gas, and also my stomach is making a lot of noises like its digesting food. The noise is just like the sound of the stomach digesting. However i usually have a bowel movement once or twice a day but i have had none today. I had mild nausea today, but that was only for an hour. I had no appetite this morning but i have now eaten two meals.

The pain is still there now.
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be collitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in
The symptoms provided are pointing to collitis and indigestion
There are chances you have had a contaminated drink or a meal
I would suggest you take a good probiotic and a proton pump inhibitor twice a day before breakfast and before dinner

Is the stool associated with mucus ?
Is there fullness of abdomen after meals ?
DO you have a sensation of passing stool after some time of consuming anything ?

Do revert with the information and I will be in a better position to help you

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pain in abdomen with nausea 16 hours later
There is fullness if the abdomen after eating, i actually dont have much of an appetite at all.

I have only passed a stool once today, after i ate i did feel the need to go. There is no visable mucus in my stool.

I have a pain on my right and left side of my abdomen now, its not severe, more of an aching.

Still feel nauseaus aand not myself. Stomach is still churning a lot and i am still burping and passing gas. Also my lower back around my kidney area is sore

Brief Answer:
Collitis with Gastritis likely

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for the information

It is very likely that it is collitis and gastritis

Please continue the medicines I have recommended in previous reply

If it does not work in two days go for a blood/stool panel and an abdominal ultrasound and get back to me