Suggest treatment for pain in abdomen along with gas and bloating
I have done all test 'endoscopy, ultrasound, and colonoscopy, but none of the test indicated any problem. But my left side upper abdomen Or sometimes entire left area use to pain, it usually use to happen during oily food OR lack of sleep and heavy exercise, Doctor thought it is 'muscle spam and IBS'- i was given ganaton total and normaxin, but ganaton total was making me very weak and nerves problem, so i stopped 'and started taking Razo-D, some days i feel better ;but sometimes too much gas formation takes place and bloating, please help and suggest correct medicine for stoping gas formation
Gastroesophageal reflux could be the cause of your problems
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Going through the question, it still seems to be due to hyperacidity or gastroesophageal reflux. Unless it progresses to gastritis or gastric erosion or ulcer, it is unlikely to be detected on an endoscopic scan. A colonoscopy is related to a different part of the bowels altogether. Oily substances or stress can increase the amount of stomach acids produced and may worsen the problem.
* You may try taking simple Prilosec (omeprazole) continually for one and a half months and see if that makes a difference.
* The next thing to suggest is to take small but frequent meals, reducing the interval between meals.
* You may talk to your doctor about a prescription of Prodep (fluoxetine) 10 mg once a day to be taken for at least 6 weeks. It might provide relief by controlling the stress that we might even be unaware of.
Hope that helps.
Dr. Kunal Saha
is it GERD? or Bloating of stomach OR Gas formation due to certain foods?
Second question is 1) after avoiding Glutten food like Wheat, the impact is reduced, 2) My stool passing is OK, but not very good - So is it IBS(irregular bowel syndrome) - I am given Normaxin and Dulphalac syrup for it.
Note - i dont think it is heartburn..but yes Gas formation occurs sometimes,
2) is it safe to take Razo-D before breakfast for more than 1 month?
3) which is better - Razo-D or Sampraz-L?
Should I avoid all excess gas producing foods like Cabbage, Tomota etc
The mentioned problems are related. No problem if labels differ.
Thanks for writing back.
Indeed I think it to be related to GERD which in turn is related to hyperacidity. It can be associated with bloating or gas formation and need not be characteried by heart burn alone. In fact, it can be related to IBS and hence gluten free food is likely to be beneficial. Furthermore, Normaxin and Duphalac are exactly the medicines you require.
It is indeed safe to take Razo-D before breakfast for more than one month. Personally I prefer plain omeprazole. Sampraz-L contains a specific isomer of omeprazole which is likely to be slightly more efficient. My first preference would be Prilosec or omeprazole, followed by Sampraz-L. However, taking Razo-D would be absolutely fine and you take take it without any worries.
About 'gas forming foods', I would suggest you to decisive about which food items you take. You can be selective and take only the items that you find easy to digest without any complications. Otherwise, I would not categorize certain foods as 'excess gas producing'.
Just last question -
As i understand
1) Normaxin - helps in 3 causes - 1) mobility of food from intestine to colon by secreting some enzyme from brain 2) sleep 3)acid reduction,
I am taking only 1 in night.
Ideally Doctors say - take 1 after breakfast also, I tried one day but i had strange reaction(unable to speak properly- it may be some different reason also)..i was scared as i thought it may affect nervous system as well, so taking only in night.
2) whenever my stomach has some disturbance(gas or oilly food) - is it common that my left side stomach portion gets little bulged, the muscle also swells a little - ? I don't know if the excess gas causes the Nerves/muscle to swell - it goes off once i pass off stool Or stomach is OK condition.
Even the left leg has minor difficult during this period, i did not get a clear answer from my Neurologist OR Gastroentrologist
Thanks a lot for patiently answering my queries
Sorry for the delay in replying
Thanks again for writing back. I had lost my internet connectivity and could not answer earlier. Let me deeply apologize for that.
1. Normaxin (Chlordiazepoxide) has a medium to long half life but its active metabolite has a very long half life. That means, there should not be a problem if you take it once only at night. It has a soothing effect on the nervous system which in turn reduces the stress related gastric acid production. So, it is overall beneficial.
2. The stomach is a pouch. If gases are produced, it swells up like a balloon and you feel the distension or bulge. It is not due to some muscle or nerve swelling up. It is possible that the absorption of electrolytes is not proper transiently during such periods and electrolyte imbalance (transient) are known to cause muscle spasms or fatigue. I would consider it normal. Taking juicy fruits like citrus fruits should help.
Hope that helps.
Dr. Kunal Saha
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for joint pain with constipation and gas
- Stomach gas and bloating treatment
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain and bloating
- Suggest treatment for constipation and gas
- Gas pain treatment
- Ayurvedic treatment to beat gas and bloating
- Suggest treatment for stomach gas
- Suggest treatment for endometriosis with bloating and pain
- Treatment for gas bloating lower pelvic pain
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and bloating