Suggest treatment for pain from stitches on chin

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: My 4 yr old got stitches on his chin is it normal for it to still hurt especially when he opens mouth to eat been 4 days...
I cleaned it no swelling or pus...should i be concern or is it normal for it to still feel sore
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, this is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Can you please attach a photo of the wound? Without it is hard to give valuable answer.

4 days is a very short time for the wound to heal. So this is very normal that such fresh wound gives pain. Especially that it is located on the area which moves when eating or talking. When he eats or talks, the skin on the chin gets stretched and causes wound tension. And it results with the pain. So once again, this is very normal.
As long as there is no redness, swelling, discharge, fever, the wound is rather healing fine.

This is the best I can tell not being able to see it.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.