Suggest treatment for pain during urinating after child birth

Dr. Som Biswas

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I had a baby almost 4 months ago and my husband and I waited 3 months before having sex again. We've only had sex 3 times since the delivery because it's been so painful for me. My clitotis feelings like it is on fire and I would have an intense burning feeling while I am urinating. It only lasts for about 30 minutes after intercourse but it's enough for me to avoid intimacy. The only thing I can think of is that it's from when the catheter was put in.I didn't experience this from my first pregnancy but I had a year to heal b/c my husband was deployed. Is this normal after childbirth?
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NOT NORMAL

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

Yes it can be injury due to catheter or during child birth.

However after 3 months such pain is NOT NORMAL unless you have had a big injury.

Either ways it looks that the area is not healed and sex is just increasing the injury.

I will advise you to get the area thoroughly checked for any cuts or injuries and apply cream accordingly.

Feel free to consult me directly
http://bit.ly/drsombiswas

Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX