Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

144 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for pain during urinating after child birth

Answered by
Dr. Som Biswas


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 965 Questions

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I had a baby almost 4 months ago and my husband and I waited 3 months before having sex again. We've only had sex 3 times since the delivery because it's been so painful for me. My clitotis feelings like it is on fire and I would have an intense burning feeling while I am urinating. It only lasts for about 30 minutes after intercourse but it's enough for me to avoid intimacy. The only thing I can think of is that it's from when the catheter was put in.I didn't experience this from my first pregnancy but I had a year to heal b/c my husband was deployed. Is this normal after childbirth?
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

Yes it can be injury due to catheter or during child birth.

However after 3 months such pain is NOT NORMAL unless you have had a big injury.

Either ways it looks that the area is not healed and sex is just increasing the injury.

I will advise you to get the area thoroughly checked for any cuts or injuries and apply cream accordingly.

Feel free to consult me directly


Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on