Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for pain during intercourse

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 2123 Questions
Hello, a week ago I began experiencing excruciating pain during insertion when I have intercourse. It's so severe we can't have sex.
We were able to have sex while I was on the birth control pill, although I had no sex drive. I was on the pill for 2 years, 7 months.
When he tries to insert his penis I get a very sharp pain, not in my vaginal walls but it feels as though my urethral opening is being pulled in and stretched into my vagina. I do have a low sitting urethra and it sits right above my vaginal opening.
I stopped taking my pill on the 19th of July. At the end of my period I contracted a yeast infection in which I properly treated.
I am not swollen or inflamed, but it feels as though his penis is pushing my urethral opening into my vagina, causing a very sharp pain.
My mother had endometriosis if that information may lead you to a better informed diagnosis.
I did not suffer any pain while on my birth control but am now unable to have sex because of the pain I experience upon insertion.
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Soumya 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply

1. Endometriosis is most common cause for pain during intercourse.

2. Since your mother had the same supports this. You seem to have endometriosis.

3. This pain is unrelated to urethral location.

4. I suggest get an ultrasound scan done to check endometriosis.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dr. Soumya

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pain during intercourse 13 minutes later
Hello, I have been thinking the same for a couple days now.
What are my chances of being able to conceive if I am diagnosed with endometriosis, as well as treatment for pain during intercourse in order to be able to conceive?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

If you are diagnosed with endometriosis, laparoscopic surgery can be performed to remove endometriosis.

If endometrios is removed your pain during sex will decrease and you will be able to conceive.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor