Owl Image

Suggest treatment for pain during intercourse

Owl Image
Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Question
Hello, a week ago I began experiencing excruciating pain during insertion when I have intercourse. It's so severe we can't have sex.
We were able to have sex while I was on the birth control pill, although I had no sex drive. I was on the pill for 2 years, 7 months.
When he tries to insert his penis I get a very sharp pain, not in my vaginal walls but it feels as though my urethral opening is being pulled in and stretched into my vagina. I do have a low sitting urethra and it sits right above my vaginal opening.
I stopped taking my pill on the 19th of July. At the end of my period I contracted a yeast infection in which I properly treated.
I am not swollen or inflamed, but it feels as though his penis is pushing my urethral opening into my vagina, causing a very sharp pain.
My mother had endometriosis if that information may lead you to a better informed diagnosis.
I did not suffer any pain while on my birth control but am now unable to have sex because of the pain I experience upon insertion.
Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Women Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Soumya 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Endometriosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply

1. Endometriosis is most common cause for pain during intercourse.

2. Since your mother had the same supports this. You seem to have endometriosis.

3. This pain is unrelated to urethral location.

4. I suggest get an ultrasound scan done to check endometriosis.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dr. Soumya

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pain during intercourse 13 minutes later
Hello, I have been thinking the same for a couple days now.
What are my chances of being able to conceive if I am diagnosed with endometriosis, as well as treatment for pain during intercourse in order to be able to conceive?

Answered by Dr. Soumya 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Endometriosis

Detailed Answer:

If you are diagnosed with endometriosis, laparoscopic surgery can be performed to remove endometriosis.

If endometrios is removed your pain during sex will decrease and you will be able to conceive.