Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for pain due to shoulder bursitis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1041 Questions
Hello Dr., I have shoulder bursitis. I had been injected once on shoulder but have no relief from pain. Is there any way to get rid of this pain?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There are still many options available. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. There are many ways to treat shoulder bursitis, do not be concerned if single injection did not help you Bursitis that is not infected as in your case, can be treated with ice compresses, rest, and anti-inflammatory and pain medications which your doctor may advise you e.g aceclofenac+serratiopeptidase combination etc. As you have already had steroid injection in shoulder, you should atleast wait for 8-10 days for the pain to subside, you have to take care of your shoulder i.e apply ice packs for 30 mins in morning and evening for 4 days then apply hot packs for 30 days, Physical therapy such as heat, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ice and compression, are used to decrease pain and muscle tightness, avoid doing heavy exercises are usually be used to aid the recovery from bursitis, especially when it is accompanied by a frozen shoulder. You can do strengthening exercises to improve shoulder stability and reduce pinching of the bursa as the arm is raised. These exercises are uploaded on you tube. Surgery is rarely needed to treat impingement syndrome. You can discuss about the medicine and physiotherapy section with the treating doctor. I hope you have got your answer. If find it useful for, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer 5 points for me, so that I get a good feedback. Thanks. Dr.Singh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor