Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for pain due to neck sprain

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1444 Questions
hi Doctor, one year old baby got sprain on neck My name is XXXX, I am from India my niece is one year old, gender female, just few hour back she was continuously crying , now she is looking dull, whenever she was trying to move her head then again start crying. no idea about the reason, its pretty late not sure we can find the doctor or not near by, we are looking for help what we suppose to do so will get relief
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. She might have hit her somewhere. I suggest you to. -gently apply ice fometation over affected area for 5 to 10 minutes. -give acetaminiphen as per dosage 15 mg/kg body weight 6 hourly. -do not move her much. In case symptoms persist physical examination will be required in that case. Hope I have answered your query. Wishing your niece good health. God bless..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pain due to neck sprain 13 hours later
Hi Doctor, Thanks for the response. she is still suffering. she is not using her right hand to pick any kind of toy, when ever she try to move her right hand because of pain start crying. what u would suggest me doctor to do, it is almost 15 hours passed, she got some relief but still suffering with her right hand.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. She must be having soft tissue injury which takes few days to heal. I suggest you to get her examined by doctor as physical examination is required to see nature of injury. In the meantime try to give rest to her arm . And continue with analegesic. Hope this helps. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor