Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Suggest treatment for pain due to gum infection

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1957 Questions
I have an abscess and the infection seems to be in my gums by the bad tooth but my cheek is also swollen and sensitive to the touch I am on antibiotics keflex and I am in so much pain what can I do for the pain
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Root canal treatment and drainage of abscess req. Detailed Answer: Hello There, Welcome to Healthcaremagic forum, According to your clinical symptoms i suppose that you have developed an abscess in the tooth, which has spread to the periapical tissues leading to pain and swelling. I would suggest you to consult a Dentist and take an x-ray of the region, a root canal treatment is required, as soon as the pus is drained and the canal is disinfected, devitalised and sealed to the apex you will not face any pain and infection. As you have mentioned you are taking tab keflex it is a good antibiotic but amoxicillin & clavulanic acid combination like amoxiclav TDS X 5days will be most effective in your case, along with this an analgesic like aceclofenac serratiopeptidase combination BD X 5days will surely subside your pain and swelling. Also take lukewarm saline and antiseptic mouthwash rinses at home to give a soothing effect and prevent superinfection. Wishing you a healthy recovery! Take care! Dr Qazi Ammara.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor