Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for pain due to broken rib cage

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6163 Questions
I broke my rib cage 2 weeks ago im still in pain am i going to hiel i dont how to spell
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You would not die!!! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about these broken ribs. Broken ribs rarely need surgery for treatment. The treatment revolves around bed rest and adequate pain medications to control your pains while the ribs heal all by themselves. From the information you have provided, your pain is poorly controlled. talk to your doctor and get good pain medications like oxycodone/hydrocodone/codeine to get these pains well controlled so that you can lead a pain free life while the ribs heal completely. Do not forgot to have bed rest as well to minimize pain and facilitate healing. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor