Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

180 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for pain caused by sinus infection

Answered by
Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 1000 Questions

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi, I have a history of long term sinus infection and issues particularly over the past 5 years. I constantly have an ache on the right side of my face under my eye and a sore nect. I just had a ct scan and it shows that I have very small maxilarry sinus on the same side. It also shows a high located wisdom tooth in the area with the root of the tooth possibly located in the area near the sinus, could this possibly be the cause of the problem and would removing the tooth simply fix the problem? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Removing wisdom tooth can decrease your symptoms but complete cure difficul

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.

I have read your query ,seen your picture and understand your concern.

In my opinion , your are having under-develop right maxillary sinus & right maxillary sinusitis . Right maxillary sinusitis in your case might because of wisdom tooth root inside sinus.

In my opinion removing wisdom tooth can decrease your symptoms but complete cure will be difficult since you are having under develop maxillary sinus & allergy .

If I were your treating doctor , I would advice
Saline nasal spray thrice daily ,
Steroid nasal spray 2 puff each nostril twice daily for allergy &
Tab Paracetamol for pain .

Gargle with water 20 mins after nasal spray use to remove any spray coming to throat .

You will get relief .

Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Ct scan

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing a partial vision loss - probably a TIA - what will happen when I go to the emergency room?? YYYY@YYYY

doctor1 MD

My father undergone Electrical cardioversion treatment due to having severe Atrial Fibrilation (AF). Needless to say the treatment did not work after 4 attempts and they have prescribed him various medications to control the rate of the heart. We...

doctor1 MD

I got real dizzy and kinda lost tempory balance and experienced double vision but only for 30 seconds, twice yesterday. I am in good health at 78 years old and very active. eat healthy, Take a staten and low dose blood pressure and lots of vits daily

doctor1 MD

Sir, My right side floating rib hits somewhere and I am having pain while moving side to side when I sleep. Feels like the rib is hitting some organs or the muscles where may be some inflammation. I have taken X-ray , gone through CT-Scan and Lever test and as per the direction of a hospital but they could not find out anything wrong. I am 53 year old.