Suggest treatment for pain caused by sinus infection

Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi, I have a history of long term sinus infection and issues particularly over the past 5 years. I constantly have an ache on the right side of my face under my eye and a sore nect. I just had a ct scan and it shows that I have very small maxilarry sinus on the same side. It also shows a high located wisdom tooth in the area with the root of the tooth possibly located in the area near the sinus, could this possibly be the cause of the problem and would removing the tooth simply fix the problem? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Removing wisdom tooth can decrease your symptoms but complete cure difficul

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query ,seen your picture and understand your concern.

In my opinion , your are having under-develop right maxillary sinus & right maxillary sinusitis . Right maxillary sinusitis in your case might because of wisdom tooth root inside sinus.

In my opinion removing wisdom tooth can decrease your symptoms but complete cure will be difficult since you are having under develop maxillary sinus & allergy .

If I were your treating doctor , I would advice
Saline nasal spray thrice daily ,
Steroid nasal spray 2 puff each nostril twice daily for allergy &
Tab Paracetamol for pain .

Gargle with water 20 mins after nasal spray use to remove any spray coming to throat .

You will get relief .

Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj