Suggest treatment for pain below right rib cage

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: last night I began to have extreme pain in my right side sharp cripleling pain below my rib cage to the rear
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

Your concern is appreciated

The pain right hypochondrium has many differentials which also depends upon the symptoms associated with it.
It includes biliary pain, cholicystitis, hepatitis , duodenal ulcers , dyspepsia , hepatic abscess or subphrenic abscess, myocardial infarction , pancreatitis , lobar pneumonia
For that purpose you need to do U/S abdomen, ecg , blood counts to look for a possible cause especially if the symptoms persist.

A cardiac cause though unlikely can present with these symptoms in an atypical presentation.

For pain relief you can take acetaminophen plus drotavarine to relieve any spasm of smooth muscle associated with it.

let me know if you have any query

Wishing you best of health

Please consult your doctor before taking any further course of action

Hope it helps
Thanks.

Dr M.S Khalil