Suggest treatment for pain behind the ear

Dr. Ashwini Kolur

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I've had a pain on the bone to the touch and pressing behind my left ear. Now I have a sore throat and slight cough 4 days into the pain. What can it be? The bone right behind the earlobe just going up a little
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
looks like mastoiditis, a course of oral antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM
I have gone through your query

Based on the information, it looks like mastoiditis. A physical examination by an ENT specialist and X-ray may be needed.

Until then I would suggest starting antihistamines medicine (zyrtec), steam inhalation and warm saline gargles along with advil. You may also benefit with a course of antibiotic prescribed by your GP.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad