Suggest treatment for pain at shoulder blade
If associated with cough than it is mostly lung issue
Thanks for using healthcare magic. Your pain at shoulder blade is mostly associated with muscle problem. Lung problems like COPD rarely causes such pain. Severe bout of cough can also causes such pain. Before I advised you any further I would like to know little detail about your illness.
1.Are you having cough with yellow sputum?
2.Are you also having fever?
3.Are you a smoker?
4.Please describe nature of pain like aggravating or relieving factor?
Please send me answers of these questions. I will try my best to help you.
It can be muscular problem
Thanks for replying. I think you are having muscular strain of scapular muscles.
(Trapezitis) I would recommend you following.
1.Hot water fomentation.
2.Volini gel local application.
3.Back muscle strengthening exercises.
4.Avoid forward bending, jerky activities or travelling.
5.Muscle relaxant like Myoril or Myospaz.
Some time there can be a trigger point in muscle. Steroid injection is effective in this.
I hope this answer will be useful for you. Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders and upper arms
- Suggest treatment for shoulder pain and swelling
- Suggest treatment for shoulder pain
- Suggest treatment for shoulder and neck pain
- Suggest treatment for joint pain and shoulder pain
- Suggest treatment for pain below the shoulder bone on back
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in shoulders
- Suggest treatment for shoulder pain after accidental fall
- Pain in right shoulder suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain and burning in shoulders