Suggest treatment for pain and vaginal irritation after intercourse

Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi,

my vagina pains and irritation only after having sex. What could be the reason. I am 32 years old female., married, have 2 kids aged 4 and 2.
Answered by Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Madam,seems to be vaginal infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.Welcome to healthcaremagic and thanks for trusting us for your health related query.
Whatever symptoms you are saying seems to be vaginal infection.
Well,i will tell you what normally happens and what is the abnormal pattern.

When virgins have sex for the first time or even when couples have sex after a quite long time of gap then this kind of sensation is expected and its normal.Reason being that vaginal structures may not be relaxed properly and when male partner penis tries to penetrate this kind of sensation is triggered.This settles down with time.

But,when this continues for a long time then there is something fishy.This sensation for a prolonged period may be due to infection of vagina,cervix,uterus,in general pelvis inflammation.This doesn't settle down with time,it has to be checked up.

Well,with this small discussion you can try out my suggestions:-
1.Have patience,things will be sorted.
2.Ask your husband to use 2% lignocaine jelly to apply on penis,just 2-3drops before starting the process.Its available at nearby medical shops.
3.If there is no improvement in next month or scenario worsens then visit a nearby gynecologist as soon as possible to get checked up.

Good luck.Get well soon.

Dr.Sudha XXXXXXX panagar.MBBS,MS(obstetrics and gynecology)

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy