Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

150 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for pain and vaginal irritation after intercourse

Answered by
Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar


Practicing since :2012

Answered : 284 Questions

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi,

my vagina pains and irritation only after having sex. What could be the reason. I am 32 years old female., married, have 2 kids aged 4 and 2.
Answered by Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Madam,seems to be vaginal infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.Welcome to healthcaremagic and thanks for trusting us for your health related query.
Whatever symptoms you are saying seems to be vaginal infection.
Well,i will tell you what normally happens and what is the abnormal pattern.

When virgins have sex for the first time or even when couples have sex after a quite long time of gap then this kind of sensation is expected and its normal.Reason being that vaginal structures may not be relaxed properly and when male partner penis tries to penetrate this kind of sensation is triggered.This settles down with time.

But,when this continues for a long time then there is something fishy.This sensation for a prolonged period may be due to infection of vagina,cervix,uterus,in general pelvis inflammation.This doesn't settle down with time,it has to be checked up.

Well,with this small discussion you can try out my suggestions:-
1.Have patience,things will be sorted.
2.Ask your husband to use 2% lignocaine jelly to apply on penis,just 2-3drops before starting the process.Its available at nearby medical shops.
3.If there is no improvement in next month or scenario worsens then visit a nearby gynecologist as soon as possible to get checked up.

Good luck.Get well soon.

Dr.Sudha XXXXXXX panagar.MBBS,MS(obstetrics and gynecology)

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Uterus

doctor1 MD

My daughter had an abortion seven weeks ago and is still bleeding and clotting. She has been to her gynocologist with these issues but still is having the problem. She had an ultrasound and blood work done to see if she was still pregnant or had pregnancy tissue left in her uterus. The doctornsaid she is fine and the bleeding will stop. Some times it stops but when least expected she will bleeds through her clothes profusely. Her tampon comes out and so does large clots with bright red blood. It is not her period! She is seeing her doctor tomorrow for more answers to this issue. Could there have been damage to her uterus during the abortion? I think her doctor wants to do an abalation? /D&C? Do you think this is the answer or do you have any other recommendations. She can t live a normal life at the moment because of this excessive and unpredictable bleeding. Thank you for your help.

doctor1 MD

i did a pelvic scan, here is the result P.OD: mild echo free fluid in cul-de sac ADNAXAE: Free bilaterally Ovaries: both appear normal in size with good stromal echoes Uterus: non gravid and retroverted, outline is fair and myometrial echoes are smooth. nil intra mural masses / lesion . ENDOMETRIUM:Cavity is partly open with normal wall thickness. endometrial plate is maintained till endo- cervical margin. nil gestation. OS is closed at time of scan IMPRESSION: Acyesis, nil masses / cyst , no visible adnexae lesion Please i need your answer and help concerning the mild echo free fluid in cul-de sac. What does this mean. Thanks

doctor1 MD

Hello. I m 62, my periods stopped 16 years ago, and I ve had a fairly easy menopause, apart from a bit of flushing. My health is good qnd I normally have good energy. But these last few days I have had a period type discomfort, a sort of low-level pain. Not the excrutiating cramps as in the first day of the period, but that yucky sensation around the uterus/ lower back/ bowel area that women get as the period is approaching. Thanks

doctor1 MD

I had a csection three months ago. One week later was in hospital for the day because of a large amount of blood and large golf ball size blood clots.... They said my uterus hadn t contracted.... Now over two months later, still having heavy period like bleeding... Yesterday passed a huge clot of what looked like tissue ??? What could this be

doctor1 MD

Why do I have pain in the bladder area and irritation in the vagina after sex it lasts for days. Iam 80 years old

doctor1 MD

What should be the normal cervical length during each stage of pregnancy?

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, I have PCOD and prominent symptoms of it like facial hairs, lethargy , thinning of hair, irregular period with gaps of 2-3 months usually. I already have a kid of 10 years and my age is 38 years. I am quite heavy with 80 kgs weight as...