Suggest treatment for pain and vaginal discharge caused by cervical fibroid
Isolated fibroid removal is an option. TOTAL HYSTERECTOMY SEEMS BEST IN THI
Hi and thanks for the query
I do understand this could be psychologically burdensome. However, your description of the size and symptoms you are experience make me to think that the proposition of the gynecologist is ideal. The fibroid is symptomatic due to the pain and bleeding and its size and deserved removal.
An option could be removing only the fibroid and allowing the rest of the uterus in place. However, rate and risk of fibroids growing again is high and bleeding during isolated fibroid removal is also high. Removal of uterus saves repeated fibroid removals in case of relapse and any age related diseases like cervical and uterine cancer.
I do understand fibroid removal through endoscopy is possible. But this clinical scenario in my opinion makes me to encourage you to consider a complete hysterectomy as advised by your gynecologist.
Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for vaginal discharge
- Treatment and cure for Vaginal discharge
- What causes milky vaginal discharge with pain
- Do fibroids cause vaginal discharge
- Vaginal discharge treatment
- What causes white vaginal discharge and abdominal pain
- What causes brown vaginal discharge with abnominal pain
- What cause of abdominal pain and vaginal discharge
- What causes abdominal pain and thick vaginal discharge
- White vaginal discharge suggest treatment
- Taking prilosec. Not anemic. Getting hair fall and muscle pain. What is...
- Taking medicine for migraine. Felt unconscious, confused and dizzy. What...
- Took azathioprine for crohn's disease. Trying to conceive. Should I stop...
- Having night sweats, swelling on neck and fever. What is the cause?
- Took AKT 2 during pregnancy. Baby and mother has ABO incompatibility....
- Taking flagyl metronidazole. Started getting headache. Side effect of...
- Have twisted spine, IBS and pain all over body. Taking clonazepam. Any...
- Have had tachycardia. Getting headache and nausea if cloth are tight...
- Child has low grade fever and puffy eyes. Mono test negative. What's wrong?
- Suffering from cold. History of ectopic heartbeats. Are they related?