Suggest treatment for pain and tingling sensation in the shoulder

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: Hello,
I have been having shoulder pain on my right side. Its been going on for a month now. And the pain is becoming more intense. Im feeling tingling, hot sensations going down my arm, feel like its going thru my vein of my right arm. Have had muscle spasms also. The pain seems to be more intense in the evening at the end of my work day. Very uncomfortable, the pain is almost like having a contraction. Where the pain becomes intense & very slowly subsides and then returns.
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:

I admire your positive outlook and congratulate you for the attitude.

Now I guess you have right shoulder pain and tingling sensation.

There are lots of pathological causes responsible for such type of problems

However, let me give my opinion here.

As per your history is concerned I may say you have already taken NSAID so it is not muscular origin. You will be advised a CBC with differential count. You can take vitamin B-12 as injection and if hemoglobin is low your doctor may advise you iron injection. Check your fasting blood sugar and TSH level. Do you have any family history of rheumatoid arthritis if present do a RF test to ruled out it. If in blood test report infection suspected doctor will advise you higher antibiotics.

I request you to visit your local doctor for any physical signs like Shoulder Impingement Syndrome, Brachial Plexus Injury, Frozen Shoulder, Shoulder Tendinitis etc

For this you need expert's guidance by your treating doctor

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
What is NSAID And CBC?
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:

Hi
as per your question NSAID means non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs which is used for pain killers like you have already taken ibuprofen.

CBC means complete blood count it is a blood test consisting of Red blood cell count, White blood cells count, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, Platelets, Mean corpuscular volume etc. These are essential tests for a doctor to arrive at a diagnostic point.

I hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to write to me.
Wishing you all the best.
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng