Suggest treatment for pain and tingling sensation at the back of the skull

Posted on Tue, 12 Sep 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I got hurt at the back of my skull.....on the top left corner of occipital bone to be more specific some 14 days back. The day i got hurt i was under a tranquilizer fludac 20. After 3 days the pain vanished.
No vomiting or blood came out. For the last 5 days i am having tingling sensatin on the same area followed by pain which is coming and going. I visited a Nerologist. The pain increased after visiting him becoz he pressed hard against that area to check. I have no clue what sort of diagnosis was that. Also he pressed hard against my neck muscles to check which too increased my pain. He gave me neurobion forte and parasef 650 and asked me to do CT scan. Is there any need of CT scan ?.
Also can i have myospaz forte medicine for the same?.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pain due a muscle spasm triggered by injured area.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
In my opinion what you are suffering from now is spasm of neck muscles caused by injury and triggered by incompletely healed area of injury. CT may be helpful if you have some fracture or any brain injury.
I would suggest pain killer , muscle relaxants, local heal application and neck physiotherapy. Start this treatment and let us see after a week as to how is your progress.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Gopal Goel 7 hours later
Hello sir,
Thanks for your reply. I will like to ask is there any other imaging techniques available for the same as i fear of radiation . In past also i have head injuries and 2 times i have done CT scan. Although report came normal. But can MRI or any other scan be done where there is 0 radiation . Also sir I will be flying to Netherlands next month as a result of which i will have to change 3 flights. Is there any risk of that because of pressure difference when the flight lands or there is nothing to worry for the same.

Best Regards,
XXXX

Hello sir ,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.
Just a last question sir.
Even if there is any brain injury ....which till now i am not aware of...perhaps after CT scan it will be objectively visible.
Can you please let me know how effective neurobion forte medicine is ?
I mean is this medicine worth taking for my brain.

Best Regards,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
CT would be better than MRI.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Any Imaging modality will give you radiation exposure and in your case CT would be better choice.please get CT before flying. Use a neck support while flying .
Only ajfer CT is done , somebody will be able to tell to if there could be any problem in flying.
Thanx.

Brief Answer:
CT is more likely to show brain injury.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
CT is best to diagnose brain injury at present. MRI is done in specific circumstances.
Neurobion forte is vitamin B Complex injections and are useful for neurological injuries and if there is deficiency. Unless there is definite brain injury- I would not recommend it .
Thanx
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon