Suggest treatment for pain and swelling on the nostrils
I'm 29 years old actually 3 days back I developed slight pain on my opening tip of the right nostril as the days passing the pain is also increasing with swelling and I'm not even able to touch it. The whole of right nostril is swollen for which I have developed pain on my right side of the face including head. The pain gets worst when I go under the AC or the nostril gets dried. I have no cold nor running nose. Please suggest as I want to get rid of the pain as soon as possible. Awaiting your reply.
Hi,you are probably suffering from Vestibulitis
Hi,thank you for posting your query on health care magic.
I have gone through your query and can understand your concern.
Looking at your symptoms,you are probably suffering from Vestibulitis.It is the inflammation of the hair follicle in the nostril.It generally occurs after cleaning of the nose by injury due to finger nail or nasal hair picking.
You may find relief by taking the following medications:
Oral Antibiotic like Augmentin,
Analgesic with Antiinflammatory like Ibuprofen,
Antacid like Rantac,
Antihistamininc like Cetrizine (if you suffer from Nasal Itching),
Antibiotic ointment like Soframycin -to be applied over Nasal Swelling.
Do not touch inside of your nose with the fingers.
Sometimes,pus formation may occur in the nasal swelling.In such a case ,incision and drainage of the pus by an ENT specialist is needed.
Hope this answers your question.I would be happy to answer you in case of any further questions.Take care.
Please see the answer
Hi,thank you for your follow up query.
It would be advisable to take Tablet Augmentin 625 mg two times a day for 7 days.
If you suffer from high grade fever(more than 101 degree Fahrenheit)or no improvement in symptoms after 2 days of medication or swelling of the nose spreading to lips and face,then it would be advisable to consult an ENT specialist doctor.And injectable Antibiotic might be needed.
Hope this answers your question.Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for shoulder pain and swelling
- Suggest treatment for stomach pains
- Suggest treatment for coccyx pain
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in knees
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for swelling and pain in ears after gauging
- Eye pain with swelling suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the ankles
- Suggest treatment for joint pain
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety
- What are the signs and symptoms of an upper respiratory tract infection?
- Suggest treatment for sinus infection
- Suggest treatment for severe sore throat
- Suggest treatment for cold and blocked ears
- Suggest treatment for tingling sensation on face and intracranial...
- Suggest treatment for severe cold, runny nose, fever and cough
- Suggest treatment for high BP, cough and cold
- How can a painful canker sore on the tongue be treated?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- Suggest treatment for sinus infection and swollen tonsils