Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the wrist

Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have swelling on the back of my right hand. It started with a small pain near my wrist. The surrounding area swelled a bit. The second day, the entire back of the hand swelled, with pain in the wrist. This has happened 2-3 times in past 5 years. I do suffer from gout.
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get investigated.

Detailed Answer:

I hve gone through the query.

Nothing definitely can be said without investigations, because it may due to gout, rheumatoid arthritis etc.

If there is no history of trauma, then get serum uric acid, RA factor, ESR, CRP levels checked and send me the report.

If history of trauma is there then get xray of that hand in AP and oblique view done and send me it's report also.

Till then have tab.aceclofenac100mg+serratiopeptidase15mg thrice a day by prescription of your family doctor as this medicine is not over the counter.

Avoid bending and twisting movements of wrist as much as you can.

I hope you got the point.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T