Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the right testicles

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Sep 2017 in Cancer
Question: 70 year old, four days ago swelling in right testicle. Pain at testicle and lower abdomen where abdomen and leg meet, just above base of penis. Testicle three time normal size. 30 years ago I had hernia repair same area. 15 years ago had prostate cancer. What type of doctor do I need to see ? Is this likely epididymitis ?
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Prostat cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

It maybe epididimitis but we need to be sure for the diagnosis due to your diseases history.

At first you need to consult with the urologist for the possibility of testicular ultrasound and abdominal ultrasound ,blood count exams ,urinalysis,PSA

The urologist will divaice you for further exams if it needed.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj