Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
123 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the right testicles

Answered by
Dr. Esmeralda Sera


Practicing since :1998

Answered : 1301 Questions

Posted on Mon, 25 Sep 2017 in Cancer
Question: 70 year old, four days ago swelling in right testicle. Pain at testicle and lower abdomen where abdomen and leg meet, just above base of penis. Testicle three time normal size. 30 years ago I had hernia repair same area. 15 years ago had prostate cancer. What type of doctor do I need to see ? Is this likely epididymitis ?
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Prostat cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

It maybe epididimitis but we need to be sure for the diagnosis due to your diseases history.

At first you need to consult with the urologist for the possibility of testicular ultrasound and abdominal ultrasound ,blood count exams ,urinalysis,PSA

The urologist will divaice you for further exams if it needed.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Hernia repair

doctor1 MD

I am 4months post Incisional hernia(2 hernia's) repair and have been experiencing a poking and catching feeling in my stomach in repair. I had a...

doctor1 MD

For hernia repair surgeon. I have large hernia that recently became worse and has slipped into my scrotum and must be done with the old fashion...

doctor1 MD

I have a inguinsl hernia now about 6 inched per catscan . One colonoscopy failed at interface from transverse to descending. I have been told more...

doctor1 MD

i jump from a heigth without underware, then inguinal hernia happens? if happens what have to do.? which operation is better and safe..? After...

doctor1 MD

i had a abdominal hernia surgically repaired with a fiberglass patch5 years ago. I now have tenderness in the general area of my surgery. I don't...

doctor1 MD


My Mother underwent a laparoscopic surgery for umbilical hernia repair couple of weeks ago. She is right now recovering well, her appetite...

doctor1 MD

I have an abscess drain (my third one in the past 3 months) I keep getting seromas and infected abscesses due to a hernia repair with an Alloderm...