Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the middle fingers
get some investigations done
Hope this message finds you in good health.
I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern.
I generally see many cases like this at my clinic and i have generally found out that many of them have some sort of soft tissue swelling or oedema at the site.
most probable cause is a raised uric acid level that causes uric acid crystals to be deposited at the site causing inflammation.
If you had some sort of trauma,the cause may be a ligament strain.
another possible cause could be a early arthritis or synovitis.
considering the treatment you have already taken i would suggest you to get a detailed blood profile done including complete blood count,sugar levels and serum uric acid.
even if there are any derangements in these tests, they are rectifiable by taking proper medicines.
till then some ice packs,anti inflammatory tablets,buddy strapping and splintage to the affected fingers should definitely help.
You should eventually get back to normal in coming few days.Nothing to worry about.
I hope your question has been answered.
If you have any follow-up queries,feel free to consult me anytime.
Thanks,Take care,God bless.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for shoulder pain and swelling
- Suggest treatment for painful swollen fingers
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in knees
- Arthritis finger pain treatment
- Suggest treatment for swelling and pain in ears after gauging
- Eye pain with swelling suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain in the middle finger
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the ankles
- Suggest treatment for swollen fingers and painful ear
- Treatment and cure for finger pain