Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the lower legs

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have several concerning symptoms. For about three or four weeks my feet, ankles, lower legs have been swollen. I have not been able to sleep, though I am usually am a tad tired. I have no appetite, but do try and eat. When I eat, I can only handle a few bites. Simply getting up and walking seems a task.Forgot... sometimes my nails get a bluish tinge. I get short of breath and almost always cold.
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seek medical help:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
You should seek prompt medical help.
It can be a cardiac or renal problem.
A detailed clinical examination, ECG, cardiac ultrasound, chest X ray, renal function test, Urine sample for albumine are mandatory.
You can go to ER with the symptoms: shortness of breath, edema.
The above mentioned examinations are mandatory.

Wish you good health.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy