Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the abdomen

Dr. Manjunath Metri

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Lump
Question: I have two bites one on my stomach and one on my side the one on my stomach has 4 puncture holes in a square position and it is leaving a very hard swollen spot about maybe 5 cm in diameter from the bite itself and on my side there's probably two puncture wounds inside the bite itself and it's probably got a 3 cm in diameter swollen red spot around it can you possibly tell me what that might be or can I take a picture and send it to
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Saw the images, need further information

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic..
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough..

Please note

1. I saw the images that you have uploaded.
Yes, looks like bite marks.

2. Please specify the reason for such a bite, meaning is it dog bite, human bite etc.

3. Also let me know when did you get these bites..

Hope you answer soon so that I can follow up with you.
Take care..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Manjunath Metri 20 minutes later
well the bites I believe maybe I might or possibly spider I'm not absolutely sure the puncture wounds is what's confusing me I'm not sure about the one on my stomach is there in a perfect square and it's like I don't remember anything biting me I don't recall you know knocking a bug off of me or anything like that so I can't I can't really think of what it might have been I have been on the I have been in the outdoors you know the past couple of days in the bites got there I would probably say all together or maybe two to three days ago and the swelling just started getting pretty bad and there's fever in them also and they that's what was concerning me the most
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like spider bites

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome back..
Yes spider bite is a strong possibility..

Please do these things..

1. Start on oral antibiotics..
Preferably, AmoxClav drug based on your weight..

2. Apply Mupirocin ointment locally on the bite area...

3. Do not panic.. 3 days old bites won't cause major issues..

4. Please, take pain killers as per your requirement..

Take care..

Hope this helps you..
In case you need further assistance, please contact me back..
Or, you can close the question and rate..
Follow up: Dr. Manjunath Metri 34 minutes later
let me ask you this I was under the impression that a spider would only typically bite you once is it possible for two different spiders to have bit me in the exact same area to make a perfect square
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, don't worry about the shape..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome back..

Let me tell you that shape is not the thing to be worried about.

And there are few spiders, which bite multiple times.

Hence do not worry, let's concentrate on the treatment aspect..
Take care..