Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in leg caused by broken femur

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: atebroke my leg,femur, had surgery, plate installed.For 5 months no pain, used crutches, all good. One day slipped put lot of pressure on leg, it broke plate and moved bone 6 degrees off aliment. Now leg is swollen up and so painful, pain pills dont work. From knee to hip so painful cant touch or move. what can I dl.como. Im ready to cut it off, but I do want to walk agaouin. Im 65 years old. Does brokertn plate cause knee and hip hurt
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Broken plate can cause knee and hip hurt.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query

I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Plate broken means the bone was note completely united ( it may be in process of union but not solid union). It may require repeat surgery. However I can serve you better if you upload x Rays. Broken plate can lead to pain in hip and knee. You can take analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Minimum movement of limb are advisable. You can discuss with your doctor about it.

Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you a good health.
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
I have x ray, how do I post it ? I have no Doc. It happened out of state. I game home back to Oregon.Im afraid if it heals like it is ,I will have continuing pain.Pain is so great I want to cut off leg. Thank you very much. XXXXXXX Wigand
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take photograph and upload in report section.

Detailed Answer:

Hi
Welcome back
You can photograph of x ray and upload in report section.
Everything else already discussed.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
https://www.bit.ly/askdrsudhirortho

Wishing you good health