Suggest treatment for pain and swelling after an ankle sprain

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My 84 years old husband twisted his ankle 2 months ago Why is his Midcuff swallow now to the size of a football and his pain is on the back about six inches up from his heel
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please, upload an image!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Please, can you kindly upload an image for review? This way, I will provide a personalized and helpful information to help address this problem. Also, did she get an Xray done and was there any diagnosis made? Is she on any pain medications?

I hope to hear from you soon and do promise to respond promptly. Until next, I wish her well.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 6 minutes later
Yes he had X-ray no broken bone as I mention on my question the ER Dr give him a Ortho boot this made it hot and even more swallow in the morning I will up load the picture
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 days later
Brief Answer:
Okay....Waiting on the picture!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this precision.

It means this might have been a simple contusion. If the booth in someways prevented free flow of blood around the leg, this is the most likely reason why. However, I will await to see the image and interpret before making any conclusions.

Until then, I wish her well.