• question-icon

Suggest treatment for pain and stiffness in the fingers

Posted on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Stiffness in fingers of right hand and painful. Only taking fish oil
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
We need more details.?

Detailed Answer:

I am so sorry to hear about this stiffness that you have reported. I will like to obtain details on how often you get theses symptoms of stiffness. Also, are the fingers swollen? Does this stiffness give way after using or it is permanent? Do you have any other joint complaints?

Given your age, the most likely cause would be senile arthritis. This is the natural wear and tear if joints as we age. Other possible causes are rheumatoid arthritis, but in most cases this will affect both sides of the body and not a single hand only.

I hope to hear from you on the above questions. details will help me craft a personalized and helpful response and guidance to address this.

Waiting...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 19 hours later
Thank you for your response. Is there anything I can do for the discomfort and regain the use of my hand and fingers?

Thank you again,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
I will go with tylenol for now!

Detailed Answer:

I will suggest that you go with tylenol: Take 1000mg as needed. Regular use of the hands would help reduce continued stiffening and allow for greater use.

I wish you well and let me know how this plays out!

If this doesn't help, I will suggest we investigate for rheumatoid arthritis.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah