Suggest treatment for pain and stiffness in neck muscles

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I had a Chiropratic neck adjustment a week ago, I feel some soreness when I lean my head foward and a pulling feeling under the back of the neck when I lean my head foward. Does This take a week or two to heal up normally ?

Or is it just nerve endings that need to heal after the stress of the adjustment.
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Muscle relaxant drug helps

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. The symptoms you have are suggestive of stiffness (spasm) of neck muscles. You will get over it in a few days time (3-5 days).I have following suggestion for you-
1. Hot water fomentation with gentle side to side neck exercise.
2. Muscle relaxant drugs (prescription only) like Thiocolchicoside and Ibuprofen helps.
Hope this helps. I shall be glad to answer any further query.