Suggest treatment for pain and stiffness in neck muscles

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I had a Chiropratic neck adjustment a week ago, I feel some soreness when I lean my head foward and a pulling feeling under the back of the neck when I lean my head foward. Does This take a week or two to heal up normally ?

Or is it just nerve endings that need to heal after the stress of the adjustment.
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Muscle relaxant drug helps

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. The symptoms you have are suggestive of stiffness (spasm) of neck muscles. You will get over it in a few days time (3-5 days).I have following suggestion for you-
1. Hot water fomentation with gentle side to side neck exercise.
2. Muscle relaxant drugs (prescription only) like Thiocolchicoside and Ibuprofen helps.
Hope this helps. I shall be glad to answer any further query.