Suggest treatment for pain and soreness in thee breasts

Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 24 Apr 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I had periods on 25 feb 2017..I had unprotected sex with my partner on 5 and 10 of march..Till now i have not got my periods which were due on 25.generally they are 3-4 days late.On 25 march i had slight red spotting.I am having all pregnancy symptoms like pain n sore breasts. but all my pregnancy tests are negative.kindly suggest when will the pregnancy test show accurate result
Answered by Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound would be helpful.

Detailed Answer:
Hello...
Thanks for trusting the healthcare magic doctors for your health related queries.

Firstly, I would like to explain about fertile period, it starts from 10th to 16th day of cycle. Here ovum is released, and there are high chances of meeting with the sperm, if unprotected sex takes place. Thus women become pregnant, so it is called fertile.

As you have done unprotected sex in the fertile period, so there are likely chances of becoming pregnant. You have said you have done all test (i guess urinary pregnancy test).

If it turns to be negative, it gives us information that there is no pregnancy. There is no hard and fast rule that pregnancy is not there. Hence ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis is the surest test.

Advice-
1. Visit nearby gynecologist and request for the scan.
2. Follow up with your report.

Feel free to ask for further queries.

Regards- Dr.Sudha Rani Panagar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 21 minutes later
Thanks for response mam.As i am on a official tour to distant area so access to gynaecologist is not possible for 10-15 days.I m having preganews with me for upt.I wanted to know that upto when these tests are reliable and i can be sure regarding it.i and my husband dont want a baby right now and I am under stress.I am having pelvic pain and breast heaviness also..as soon i am back i will be visiting gynaecolgist but till den i want to be sure that i am not pregnant
Answered by Dr. Sudha Rani Panagar 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can repeat urinary pregnancy test after 4-5 days.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again...

I can understand your tense-full situation. You can repeat your urinary pregnancy test after 4-5 days. If it turns positive, indicates that you are pregnant.

IF it turns to negative then you have to do ultrasound for confirmation.
Don't worry you can do ultrasound after your official tour, it will not that much delay for termination of pregnancy, if ultrasound shows that you are pregnant.

You can safely terminate the pregnancy by the medications or by minor surgical procedure.

But before going through all this procedure, you have to be sure that, you are pregnant or not. Which only possible by help of ultrasound.

Advice-
1. Don't worry, Relax, enjoy your official tour.
2. Visit nearby gynecologist as soon as you come back to your city and go through the advice as given by your treating doctor.

god bless you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj