• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for pain and soreness in the vagina

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi
I have pain, sorrness on the right side pf vagina
Its causing lots of discomfort
What could be the reason and what should i do
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vaginal infection likely

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Pain and soreness in the vagina on one side is most likely due to vaginal infection.
Infection such as candida or bacterial vaginosis can cause soreness.
I will suggest you to consult an OBGYN specialist for an internal examination, vaginal swab examination to confirm the type of infection and treatment should be done accordingly.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 13 minutes later
I can see a boil like this
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Bartholin gland abscess

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have reviewed the photograph.
It seems to be bartholin gland abscess.
It is due to the infection of the bartholin gland in the vagina.
I will suggest you to consult an OBGYN specialist for proper examination and treatment accordingly.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Answered by
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 5068 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Bacterial vaginosis

doctor1 MD

Hello, recently I have been having a lot of vaginal problems. I treated myself for Bacterial Vaginosis with some flagyl and it lead to a yeast...

doctor1 MD

I recently went to the gynecologist and was treated with antibiotics for a vaginal infection. I was also told that I could use rephresh to help...

doctor1 MD

I just received word on a spinal xray that stated I have extensive calcification of the lower abdominal aorta. I am a brittle diabetic of 52. I am...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I m an American living in the West Bank and have suffered from vaginosis (e. coli) for the past several months and severe stomach pain for the...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am suffering from vaginal infection itching since last two years. i consulted two to three doctors in last two years. they all prescribed...

doctor1 MD

HI, I'm a 40 yr old who underwent an embolization for fibroids 2 years ago. Since then I've experienced cases of bacterial vaginosis and now...

doctor1 MD

What at are the symptoms of vaginitis . I have lower abdominal pain and itching in vaginal area with no discharge. I am having low back pain . This...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

198 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Deepti Verma
  • Q - What are side effects of Unwanted 72 taken to stop pregnancy?

  • Q - What are the chances of pregnancy through unprotected sex without...

  • Q - What causes vaginal bleeding after having I pill?

  • Q - What causes delay in menstruation after taking I-pill?

  • Q - What causes dizziness after having Percocet?

  • Q - What causes delay in period despite having I pill after unprotected sex?

  • Q - What causes heavier menstruation while taking Progesterone during...

  • Q - What causes constipation, whitish bumps on nipples and pink spotting?

  • Q - What causes bleeding from vagina while urinating?

  • Q - What are the different methods of safe abortion?