Suggest treatment for pain and numbness in thumb after wrist injury
It can be most likely Tendinosis
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. Your problem can be most likely due to tendinosis (De quervain tendinosis). But better to have a local examination by Orthopaedician and have an X ray to rule out any bony injuries.
You should rest the thumb in splint or brace. You can take NSAIDs like Ibuprofen or Diclofenac. Ice pack application also is good. Avoid activities causing pain. If there is no improvement then you may need local corticosteroid injection like triamcinolone.
Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for wrist pain after putting cast for injury
- Swelling pain and numb skin after injury fracture
- Suggest treatment for thumb injury
- Numbness after impact injury
- Suggest treatment for body pain after an injury
- Suggest treatment for shoulder pain after an injury
- Suggest treatment for pain around eye after an injury
- Suggest treatment for pain in tailbone after an injury
- Thumb and finger injury water cyst on wrist treatment
- Pain in the rib after an injury treatment
- Suggest medication for hair fall programe
- Suggest treatment for itchy bump on skin
- What causes dizziness and disorientation?
- What causes white patches on face after using Skinlite cream?
- Suggest treatment for scalp psoriasis
- Suggest remedy for dark upperlip post antibiotic allergy
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in chest
- Suggest treatment for high sugar levels
- What does this cholesterol test result indicate?
- What does low kidney functioning mean?