Suggest treatment for pain and limited mouth opening due to wisdom teeth
My wisdom teeth are coming. I am not able to open my mouth because it is causing me a lot of pain.
Could you please suggest me some pain killer for that??
Your advice and sudgestion will be very helpful.
Antibiotics, analgesics, extraction of the tooth
Thanks for your query and consulting health care magic.
I have gone through your query, the pain and limited mouth opening could be because of the infection from the wisdom tooth spreading to involve the tissue spaces. If I was be your treating doctor I would have suggested to take a radiograph of that tooth to rule out the infection. then i would have put you on a course of antibiotics and analgesics (diclofenac 50mg if you are not allergic to these drugs). do saline gargling 3-4times daily.
If sufficient space is there for the tooth to erupt you can get the infected flap(pericoronitis) around the tooth can removed or if the space is not there then the wisdom tooth has to be removed under local anesthesia.
I hope my answer will help you.
Wish you speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suffering from pain due to removal of wisdom teeth
- Treatment for painful impacted wisdom teeth
- Wisdom teeth mouth twitching
- Wisdom teeth sores in mouth
- Acute pain and swelling due to wisdom teeth removal
- Mouth ulcer wisdom teeth
- Slime wisdom teeth mouth
- What is the treatment for pain after wisdom teeth removal
- Suggest treatments for swollen gums due to wisdom teeth
- Suggest treatment for pain of wisdom teeth while eating