Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for pain and irritation in vagina and anal área

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1774 Questions
I' ve got throbbing pain and irritation on my vagina and anal área. I' ve tried over counter medicines, been 4 times to doctors who have done blood, urine and swab tests all been fine. I also take painkillers but have had this problem for 5 weeks, please help cant bare the pain and irritation.
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hot Seitz bath will be helpful Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms Sherazbegum I hope that your Physician has thoroughly examined and ruled out perineum abscess( pus or infection present in the area surrounding the vagina and anus), and also ruled out fissure in ano(small ulcer at anal opening). I would like to some more additional information from you 1. Is the pain continuous or present during some specific time? 2. Is there any redness or rash in the perineum ? 3. Is there any discharge/ fever? 4. Do you have any urinary complaints like urgency, frequency or burning sensation during urination? In the meantime Hot Seitz bath will be helpful to relieve your pain to certain extent Hot Seitz bath: in a tub of lukewarm water add a handful of common table salt , sit in it for 15 to 20 minutes completely immersing your perineum. Do it thrice a day. It will help relax perineum muscle spasm. Waiting for your response Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor