Suggest treatment for pain and green stool

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Constipation
Question: I am a 20 year old male,I have recently felt like there is always like gas or poop in my rectum even after pooping and I am unable to get it out. I have also had green poop for about 5-6 weeks, I'm pretty sure that I have a sinus/respiratory infection for the same amount of time so I don't know if that is just like mucus drainage. My grandmother died of colon cancer and I am worried about that, what do you think is wrong with me? Ps. I haven't taken antibiotics for my respiratory infection which has also been causing headaches and lightheaded XXXXXXX do you think that the infection could also be affecting my digestive system? And I have had a little bit of abdominal that feel like it is coming from constipation every once in a while. The pain is by no means constant but has happened every once in a while for a few weeks.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need precautions and diet lifestyle management,

Detailed Answer:
thank you for asking
respiratory infection and post nasal drippings in sinus infections do change the color of the stools and may appear greenish. Age of 20 is too young for colon cancer but considering your family history getting screened after the age of 35 on regular yearly biyearly basis would be wise but not now.
you should have taken some antibiotics for the infection. Lightheadedness and dizziness with respiratory infections is nothing new and very common and self resolves.
Now every now and then feeling of bloated rectum and constipation is a sign rather a warning by body for you to modify diet and lifestyle. you know how a teenage dietary preferences can be. Keep the diet soft and digestible, plenty of fluids and fibre and good toilet habits. exercise and weight management is advised.nut shell it is more like a functional bowel and needs no more than a few diet and and lifestyle and toilet habits modifications.Rest assured odds for malignancy etc are almost zero right now.
DO as directed and if the issue persisted which i am sure it won't then seek a gastroenterologist for further management,
I hope it helps.Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Khan