Suggest treatment for pain and discomfort in hip caused by heavy physical activity
It might be muscle fatigue due to strenuous physical activity
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Sorry to hear the pain and discomfort you are having and hope you make a quick recovery. It appears that you have developed muscle fatigue due to involving yourself in heavy gardening activities. The muscles might have gone into spasm and that is the reason you are having difficulty in mobilizing your hip joint.
2. The muscle pains after such intense physical activity begins a day or two after the heavy work and might persist for 3 to 4 days. What happens is lactic acid and inflammatory substances are released from the muscles 24 hours after doing an unaccustomed physical activity.
3. Aleve is a strong pain reliever and should be reducing your pain and discomfort. It is also suggested that you apply an ointment or spray containing muscle relaxant which you might get from your pharmacy and this will help you make a quick recovery. Heat and cold packs can be applied alternatively for durations of 15 to 20 minutes 2 times a day.
4. Please avoid taking part in heavy physical work if you are not used to doing it.
5. The fused lumbar vertebrae might also be contributing in part to your pain and discomfort following the gardening activity.
6. If your pain stays for longer than a week and should it worsen then please consult your doctor and they might have to do detailed clinical examination and refer you for physiotherapy.
7. Wishing you a quick recovery.
Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for hip pain
- What is the treatment for hip pain
- Hip pain treatment options
- Treatment for bruising near hips causing discomfort
- Suggest treatment for back and hip pain
- Treatment for bilateral hip pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in hip joints
- Suggest treatment for bruise on hip caused by injury
- Suggest treatment for hip pain
- Treatment for diarrhea and pain in the hip