Suggest treatment for pain and constipation
Yes, they are related.
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Looking at the clinical history and query, my opinion is as follows:
1. Increased production of gas can lead to distension of intestine and pain, till it is relieved.
2. Inadequate digestion of food, which gets digested by the bacteria in the intestine, producing gas results in increased production of gas.
3. Food should be well chewed, slowly eaten to facilitate easy digestion in the intestine. Any food which is inadequately digested, will lead to increased gas production.
4. Fiber diet is helpful in constipation, however it can increase gas production. Look into your diet, certain foods would not get absorbed and can lead to increased gas production. You need to avoid those foods.
5. Improvement of gut bacteria by regular use of yoghurt is very helpful. You can take it on a regular basis.
You can continue with metamucil. However, if zantac is not proving to be beneficial, you can use proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole. You can take prescription from your doctor.
Additionally good regular sleep, moderate exercise is also known. Importantly, watch your diet and skip items, which increase symptoms.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for joint pain with constipation and gas
- Suggest treatment for constipation and gas
- Suggest treatment for pain and constipation after a hernia repair
- What treatment is suggested for constipation
- Suggest treatment for constipation with stomach pain and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for constipation and pain in anus
- Suggest treatment for numb leg back pain and constipation
- Suggest treatment for constipation in a baby
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation
- Suggest treatment for bloating and constipation