question-icon

Suggest treatment for pain and burning feeling under skin after falling

Posted on Thu, 14 May 2015
Question: I fell about 3 1/2 ft onto a wooden arm of a hanging chair. I've never felt such pain. It burned for 5 minutes or more before I could even move. It still burns and it's been 5 days later. if I actually put weight on it, it almost feels like a very sharp pain and pressure like there's a pocket of blood or something. it also still burns. should I just let it heal or go see my doctor.?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (8 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Blood leaking under the skin

Detailed Answer:

I looked into the image

There is leakage of blood under the skin. Do you have swelling that is regressing since the injury? Do you still have the tenderness over the site? Are you on any medications for any other disease like blood thinners?

You might have injured the muscle where the blood capillaries leaked. If you do not see the red mark reducing in size or fading you should see a doctor.
If you have locally available Heparin Sodium topical form (gel) in the pharmacy without prescription you can buy it and apply it over the area twice a day.

Hope this answers.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam