Suggest treatment for pain and blood after urination

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: female. after a normal urination experienced a tiny pain (like ohh what was that) and when I wiped had small amount of blood on tp. Panic or wait and see?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to panic.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

No need to panic. Most likely you have urinary tract infection (urethra most likely). Urine analysis should be done and antibiotic prescribed. You do not need to go to the doctor right away, but you should not wait longer than a day.
In a meanwhile please increase mineral water intake and try to urinate as often as possible (urine flushes bacteria out). Cranberry juice is also a good idea.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.