Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for pain after surgeries

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 6940 Questions
my body has been ailing me for quite some time. i have had blood test done, what showed up was high insulin 24 when its supposed to be 4, vitamin d deficiency, low test 150 very very low for my age. i have had diffferent surgeries ear, acl on my knee, meniscus, reconstructive on my finger. I have been hurting, and want to go into the military or play college football but cant do any of those things before my body gets better. i have the will power to do anything i set my mind to, but these obstacles are too big for me to overcome. please help i am only nineteen. i started taking test shots a month ago, 1/2 ml every seven days, taking vitamin d3 supplement, protein, and thats it. please help. my big concern is my body feels like there is lactic acid build up in my body all the time, and i have been trying to work out at the gm but it is such a struggle, i dont know if there is a lack of oxygen to my cells or what?
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Take vit D supplement, rest needed after surgery Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX You have mentioned that you are suffering from multiple problems. One of them is orthopedic problem. Surgery for meniscus injury and finger reconstruction has been done. You will have to wait till you regain full strength after surgery. However, entry into the armed forces may be difficult after these reconstructive surgeries as 100% strength may not be achieved. However, you can participate in sports when your orthopedician advices so. Deficiency of vitamin D needs to be treated by taking supplements which you are already taking. You need to take vitamin D levels to check whether normal levels are achieved. Thereafter, you will have to take sufficient amount of vitamin D in diet. Increased amount of insulin is seen in tumors of pancreas called 'insulinoma'. You can give more details about high level of insulin in blood for more information. If you are finding difficult to work in gym, ask your instructor to give you light exercises which will not exhaust your muscles. Thanks and take care Dr Shailja P Wahal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor