Suggest treatment for pahryngitis and chronic tonsillitis
Pahryngitis and chronic tonsillitis. Reflux.
Thank you for your query.
1. There is congestion of the anterior pillars of the tonsil, the tonsils (the right has a tonsillolith) and the soft palate and posterior pharyngeal wall.
2. This denotes chronic tonsillitis and pharyngitis. If there are painless neck nodes, this is a possible cause.
3. Get a throat swab and blood counts done.
4. The choking feeling may be due to these conditions or due to acid reflux worsened by the two courses of antibiotics.
5. Request your doctor to also prescribe and anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, anti-reflux medication with medicated gargles. Mucaine Suspension should be available OTC. A short course of steroids will help if not contraindicated and if your other reports are normal.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chronic tonsilitis causes
- Chronic tonsillitis symptoms
- Chronic tonsillitis in adults
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis chronic tonsillitis
- Chronic tonsillitis and visible epiglottis
- Treatment and cure for chronic tonsilitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic tonsillitis
- Chronic tonsil infection causes
- Treatment and cure for chronic tonsil infection
- Treatment and cure for chronic tonsillitis