question-icon

Suggest treatment for overdose of Dolopar

default
Posted on Tue, 6 May 2014
Question: My daughter has drank - Dolopar-250 (Paracetamol Oral Suspension IP) around 20 ml. Is there some anti-dote or something I need to give immediately? Any immediate action?
doctor
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma (20 minutes later)
Brief Answer: what is her weight Detailed Answer: Hi, What is the weight of your child? As dose depends upon the weight not age. XXXXXXX safe dose of paracetamol is 90mg/kg. Your child has taken 250*20=5000mg. If she has injested less than 150mg/kg then risk of toxicity is unlikely. You can induce vomiting if she has injested more than above, or take her to an ER. Hope I have been helpful. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
doctor
Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Ashish Verma

General Surgeon

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 1290 Questions

premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Suggest treatment for overdose of Dolopar

Brief Answer: what is her weight Detailed Answer: Hi, What is the weight of your child? As dose depends upon the weight not age. XXXXXXX safe dose of paracetamol is 90mg/kg. Your child has taken 250*20=5000mg. If she has injested less than 150mg/kg then risk of toxicity is unlikely. You can induce vomiting if she has injested more than above, or take her to an ER. Hope I have been helpful. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma